2021 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Stormwater Queensland is an Incorporated, not-for-profit Association established in 1996. Stormwater Queensland aims to be the leading association for the promotion and advancement of stormwater management in Queensland.
All financial members of Stormwater Queensland are invited to nominate for either a position on the Executive Committee or as an Ordinary Committee member for the 2021-2022 year. Stormwater Queensland is seeking committee members who are eager and enthusiastic to advance the stormwater industry and who want to play an active role in setting the direction of the Association and its activities. Participation on the committee is also of personal benefit, providing professional development and networking opportunities.
Nominations close at 12:30 PM on 6 October 2021.
- 2021 AGM Agenda
- Notice of AGM and Proxy Form
- Management Committee PositionDescriptions
- Nomination Form Cover Text
- Stormwater Queensland Committee Nomination Form
- Stormwater Queensland Draft Rules of Association
- Stormwater Queensland Rules Update Information
- Stormwater Queensland President’s Report
- 2020 AGM Minutes
The following nominations have been received for the committee positions.
Treasurer: Charles Coathup
Secretary: David Simpson
- Brad Dalrymple
- Courtney Henderson
- Paul Dubowski
- Himanthi Mendis
- Bill Johnson
Since not all committee positions have been filled, additional nominations will be received up until the start of the AGM.
The following statements have been provided by the candidates.
Professional Profile for SQ Committee Nomination
6 Oct 2021
Dr Courtney Henderson is a Water Sensitive Urban Design specialist with 7 years of academic experience (PhD in stormwater bioretention systems), and 14 years in consulting. He has skills in vegetation ecology, soil science, water chemistry, and urban hydrology. He has worked on WSUD Strategies for public domain, residential and industrial projects throughout Australia. Courtney has been a committee member since 2017, has been active in the development of several position statements and has helped to organise several events.
Courtney can add to the committee as follows:
- His training as a scientist complements the predominantly engineering-design focus of the industry
- His work experience in industrial sites and transport infrastructure also complements the urban development focus of the group.
He hopes to actively participate in advocacy for the industry through the development of position statements, and his goal for 2022 is to engage with regional members and organisations to ensure that their views are represented in the committee’s work.
Stormwater Queensland Management Committee Nomination
Paul Dubowski Profile
Paul is a senior environmental scientist at BMT with 18 years of experience in environmental management. With a diverse background and experience he brings a broad range of skills to the company working across a range of fields including stormwater quality, ecology and waterways management. Prior to his current role, Paul spent two years with the Water by Design program of the South East Queensland Healthy Waterways Partnership focusing on sustainable urban water management. He was involved with the management, delivery and support of: local and state policy; guidelines; professional development initiatives; and organisational strengthening initiatives for local governments. Paul also has 5 years of experience in local government managing ecological impacts of urban development through development assessment, environmental management and policy. He has been an active member of Stormwater Queensland committee for 8 years leading the development of a range of advocacy and engagement initiatives and events. He is the current Chair of the Advocacy and Engagement Sub-Committee.
What I can add to the Committee
- Continuity of knowledge and experience from past committees.
- Active and regular participation in the committee meetings including actioning tasks as they arise.
- Ongoing commitment in leading the Advocacy and Engagement Subcommittee.
- Active participation in related tasks including meetings, workshops, submissions, position statements, engagement with government agencies etc.
- Support for events.