2023 Awards Open for Submission
The annual Stormwater Queensland Awards for Excellence are open for submissions!
Nominations are open for:
- Excellence in Strategic or Master Planning
- Excellence in Infrastructure
- Excellence in Asset Management
- Excellence in Research and Innovation
- Excellence in Policy and Education
- Excellence in Integrated Stormwater Design
- Early Stormwater Professional of the Year
Submissions are now open and due no later than 5pm, 28th July 2023, so don’t delay! You can submit your nomination as soon as you are ready. Good Luck!
- 2023 Awards for Excellence Kit
- 2023 Awards for Excellence Client Approval Template
- 2023 Awards for Excellence Entry Form
2022 Winners Announced
The annual Stormwater Queensland Awards for Excellence winners have been announced. Congratulations to the following winners:
- Winner of the Excellence in Asset Management Award – Sydney Olympic Park Asset Management Plan by E2Designlab
- Winner of the Excellence in Research and Innovation Award – Native Plant Performance for Low Maintenance Green Roofs in South East Queensland by (GIRLS) Green Infrastructure Research Labs, Cities Research Institute at Griffith University
- Winner of the Excellence in Policy and Education Award – Ocean Protect Podcast by Ocean Protect along with Construction Management and Waterway Protection Taskforce by Sunshine Coast Council
- Winner of the Excellence in Integrated Stormwater Design Award – Hanlon Park by Brisbane City Council, Bligh Tanner, Tract, Core, Webb, Littoria and Epoca Constructions
- Winner of the Early Stormwater Professional of the Year Award – Ben Penhallurick and Highly Commended, Carlos Gambirazio
- Highly Commended of Excellence in Strategic or Master Planning Award – Sunshine Coast Stormwater Management Strategy by Sunshine Coast Council.
2020 Winners Announced
Congratulations to all the amazing projects and project teams that received an award for the 2020 Awards for Excellence!
Thank you to everyone who came along to support the awardees and to celebrate the great stormwater projects of last year. After the year that we had, it was fantastic to finally be able to catch up with so many old faces as well as meet some new ones!
We had an impressive amount of submissions this year including some incredible projects, so thank you to everyone that put in the effort to do so.
Strategic or Master Planning:
Research and Innovation:
Policy & Education:
2019 Winners Announced
At a packed Waterfront Terrace, Hilton Cairns an audience of stormwater professionals celebrated the achievements of Queensland’s Stormwater Industry at the 2019 Stormwater Queensland Awards for Excellence.
Designed to encourage and celebrate excellence in the innovation, development, completion and management of stormwater projects and the people involved. There were six award categories on offer with awards being handed out in five of those categories.
- Award – Excellence in Strategic or Master Planning.
- Winner – Scrubby Creek Catchment Recovery Plan developed by E2Designlab, Logan City Council, LAT27, Catchment Solutions and Synergy Solutions.
- Award – Excellence in Infrastructure
- Winner – Torhaven – innovation and excellence through stormwater treatment by Ephemeral Wetland by E2Designlab, Water Technology and Defence Housing Australia.
- Award – Excellence in Research & Innovation
- Winner – Development of Low-Cost Water Level Gauges by Water Modelling Solutions.
- Award – Excellence in Policy and Education Award
- Winner – Davison Street Creek Restoration Project “Reconnecting Community with Creek” by Healthy Land and Water, Australian Government, Brisbane City Council, Save Our Waterways Now, Mode and CoDesign Studios.
- Award – Excellence in Integrated Stormwater Design
- Winner – Small Creek Naturalisation by Ipswich City Council, Bligh Tanner, Landscapology, Australian Wetlands and TLCC.
Stormwater Queensland congratulates
the Winners of the 2018 Awards for Excellence
|Strategic or Master Planning||Premise, RBG Services, Ipswich City Council, Tract||Walloon Waterlea Estate Integrated Stormwater Management Strategy|
|Research & Innovation||Ipswich City Council, Bureau of Meteorology, Advisian||Flash Flood Forecasting: The dream has now become a reality|
|Infrastructure||BCC, Dept of Education||Nursery Road Waterway Rehabilitation Project|
|Asset Management||Engeny Water Management, Ipswich City Council||Ipswich City Council Green Asset Project|
|Policy & Education||Urban Environmental Solutions, Rocla, Social Ocean||Practical Application of AR&R 2016 Conference Series|
The Awards were presented at a celebration dinner at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre in late August. The dinner featured an evening of entertainment while celebrating the best leaders and innovators in the Queensland stormwater industry. The event was an opportunity to toast the successes of the 2018 award winners and enjoy the opportunity to strengthen (and establish new) key industry contacts.
Stormwater Queensland would like to congratulate the following winners of the 2017 Stormwater Queensland Awards for Excellence.
EXCELLENCE IN STRATEGIC OR MASTER PLANNING
Project Title: Townsville Regional Stormwater Strategy
Entrant: Bligh Tanner, AWC, Ethos Urban and Townsville City Council
Project Title: Big Plans for Small Creek
Entrant: Bligh Tanner, Ipswitch City Council, Landscapology, Nicoleap and Streamology
EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
Project Title: Implementation of AR&R 2016 Blockage in Stormwater Assessment & Design
Entrant: Hydralinc and BMT WBM
Project Title: Australian Rainfall & Runoff 2016 Software Implementation
EXCELLENCE IN INTEGRATED STORMWATER DESIGN
Project Title: Coorparoo Creek Park Project
Entrant: Brisbane City Council
EXCELLENCE IN POLICY AND EDUCATION
Project: Educational Webinars for the Stormwater Industry
National Awards for Excellence
Under the Awards for Excellence protocol adopted by Stormwater Australia, only the recipients of the State Awards for Excellence will be eligible for the National Excellence Awards. Preceding two years of State award winners (2016 & 2017) will be eligible for the National Awards in 2018. Therefore, entry of a project into a State Excellence Awards is a minimum prerequisite for participation in the National Awards.
The National Awards is held every two years. The next National Awards will be announced at the Stormwater National 2018 Conference in Sydney, New South Wales on 8th-12th October, 2018.
Should you have any questions about the 2016 Stormwater Queensland Awards for Excellence, please contact Event Coordinator, Lilly Barker on +61 2 9744 5252 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.