155 Herries St
Toowoomba City QLD 4350
Incorporating Water Sensitive Ideas into our progress as a city. Where to from here for Toowoomba?”
Alan Hoban – Bligh Tanner
Adam Berry – Stormwater Queensland
Representatives from Toowoomba City Council
This event will centre on East Creek and how that history can highlight the progressive nature of the City and where concepts of good design can be incorporated into the development of a water sensitive city.
A tour will be undertaken of East Creek, highlighting its colourful history, hints of earlier attempts at water sensitive design and how it has progressed over its life to its current mixed state now. This tour aims to:
- Showcase some of those attempts both historical and recent
- Highlight significant constraints within the corridors
- Highlight potential opportunities and learnings
- Discuss design and construction detail on various projects in the East Creek Catchment
Following the tour a presentation and interactive session will take place on:
- An overview of some of the challenges and opportunities facing the Toowoomba Regional Council Region
- Moving from East Creek learnings and into urban development discussion
- A presentation on options available inclusive on targeted outcomes and design/construction overview
- A discussion and analysis from the audience on these options
- Where to from here?
Stormwater Queensland value the contribution of all areas across Queensland and wish to promote and encourage the support and contribution from areas outside of Brisbane CBD. Such that the cost of this event will be significantly reduced to encourage and maximise participation.
Seats are limited, so hurry and book your spot now.
Includes: Site Tour (Transport included), Presentation, Lunch and a Q&A Session