Stormwater NSW has recently released their Position Statement on Sustainable Funding for Stormwater Management. Below if a summary of the statement, however you can view the fill statement on the Stormwater NSW website here.
Intro: There is growing recognition that better stormwater management has multiple benefits in terms of enhancing liveability and our resilience against the hazards of an increasingly uncertain climate.
Background: Responsibility for stormwater management is shared in NSW between State Government, Sydney Water Corporation, local government and private owners. Funding for stormwater management is provided through a variety of mechanisms
- IPART – Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal Home
- Levy – stormwater management service charge
- Developer contributions and special development levies
- NSW Government should establish a policy that mandates the sustainable management of stormwater.
- All Councils should levy the Stormwater Management Service Charge
- Administrative processes should be reinstated to ensure all funds collected for stormwater management are reported by Councils in their Annual Reports.
Checklist: of resources, qualifications and information that should be kept to justify the expenditure of funds.